Getting started with Shifts
Shifts is a new functionality available from the Activity Listing Form which lets admins divide group opportunities up by date, time, and / or role.
- Admins no longer need to create multiple opportunities in order to separate by function or time.
- Volunteers can see their options up front and are better able to manage their participation in each opportunity.
- Easy and intuitive to use
- All of the volunteer pages are responsive, meaning your employees can sign up for opportunities when it’s convenient for them from their mobile device of choice.
- Each shift inherits common information from main opportunity such as custom greetings, questions and opportunity admins making them consistent and easy to set up.
Creating an Opportunity with Shifts
- A shift is a time slot or role that is part of a Special Event opportunity.
- Each opportunity can have up to 10 shifts.
- If an opportunity has shifts, volunteers will be prompted to sign up for specific shift(s) instead of the entire volunteer opportunity.
- One volunteer can sign up for multiple shifts.
Shifts Tab on the Admin Details Page
On the Admin Details page, opportunities with shifts have a Shifts tab that displays shifts in a table.
Managing Shift Participants
- Manage Participants displays all the participants signed up for the opportunity
- Group by shift is the default view and organizes participants by shift
- Use the bulk action menu to make updates to participants. You can:
- Add hours for participants
- Move participants between shifts, or remove them from a shift
- Email participants
- Use the export feature to create a report of participants
Event Reports with Shifts
Event Signup Report will include shift data.
- To create a Signup report, go to the Manage Event page
- In the Signups and Reporting section, select Run Signup Report
- In the Filter by Project section, you can filter by opportunity or by shift
- For opportunities with shifts, the report will include the shift name in the Shift Name column
Signing up for a shift
- A volunteer can sign up for one shift, or multiple shifts
- When Guest Sign Up is enabled, volunteers can sign up friends and family members for shifts
- The Opportunity Detail page is responsive, making it just as easy to sign up for a shift from a phone as a computer
Searching and Tracking
- When searching for an opportunity, a badge will show the number of shifts an opportunity has.
- After a volunteer signs up for a shift, it will display on her Your Volunteering table so she can track hours for it.
- VolunteerMatch Not Affected by SAML Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- VolunteerMatch Response to Meltdown and Spectre
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Latest Release Notes
- Your Activities Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners
- Making YourMatch Yours: A New Series of Training Webinars