What is a Special Event?
Special Event is VolunteerMatch lingo for a grouping of individual volunteer opportunities brought together by a theme. Your Special Event is the umbrella topic that volunteer opportunities within the Special Event will have in common. Examples for Special Events: region, campaign, office location, cause type, etc.
Think of Special Events as containers, within which you can post as many projects as you like. Projects have specific dates, times, and locations. Participants do not sign up for a Special Event, they sign up for a project.
When you need to set up a number of volunteer activities that have a common theme, first create a Special Event, then post the projects within it.
- VolunteerMatch Response to Meltdown and Spectre
- Release Notes Effective 12/19/2017
- Scheduled maintenance - 11/03/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/03/2017
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- VolunteerMatch Not Affected by SAML Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Latest Release Notes
- Release Notes Effective 11/14/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/17/2017
- Release Notes Effective 09/19/2017
- Release Notes Effective 9/5/2017
- Release Notes Effective 8/22/2017
- Your Activities Tab
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners