What is a Special Event?
Special Event is VolunteerMatch lingo for a grouping of individual volunteer opportunities brought together by a theme. Your Special Event is the umbrella topic that volunteer opportunities within the Special Event will have in common. Examples for Special Events: region, campaign, office location, cause type, etc.
Think of Special Events as containers, within which you can post as many projects as you like. Projects have specific dates, times, and locations. Participants do not sign up for a Special Event, they sign up for a project.
When you need to set up a number of volunteer activities that have a common theme, first create a Special Event, then post the projects within it.
- VolunteerMatch Not Affected by SAML Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- VolunteerMatch Response to Meltdown and Spectre
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Latest Release Notes
- Your Activities Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners
- Making YourMatch Yours: A New Series of Training Webinars