Setting an Opportunity Date & Time
The date and time step lets volunteers know when they can participate in this opportunity. You can choose a specific date or range or leave it open-ended.
Not yet on the opportunity posting page? Click here for guidance.
If your activity takes place on specific day or date range, enter the date(s) in the space provided. Make the Start Date and End Date the same if the activity takes place on a single day.
If your opportunity is ongoing or flexible, check the box to the right. If you select this option, you will not be able to specify any dates or times.
Next, you'll indicate the time of day that volunteers need to commit for. In the description section and in communications with volunteers, you'll be able to tell them when to meet and any other details around timing.
- If your opportunity covers a date range, for example every Wednesday in January from 9AM-11AM, list those times of day, then use the description to communicate the frequency of the activity and overall time commitment.
- After the opportunity takes place, you'll be able to track hours for those who volunteered in whole-hour increments. You can set up auto-add hours on the second page of the project creation and opportunity listing page.
Finally, you'll indicate how many volunteers are needed for the project.
- This number will show up on the search results page in terms of how many volunteers are still needed, and as a total on the opportunity details page.
- If the wait-list option has been turned on for the Special Event (campaign) that this opportunity is a part of. Volunteers will be added to the wait-list once the project has reached the number of spots indicated here.
If your opportunity has multiple specific dates, time slots or roles, you can use our shifts feature to indicate this. By clicking the Yes button under the question 'Does this Opportunity have shifts?' you can accomodate these options within the opportunity. Use the 'Copy this shift' option to have all your data moved into an identical shift that you can then edit to meet your needs.
- Scheduled maintenance - 11/03/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/03/2017
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- Release Notes Effective 11/14/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/17/2017
- Release Notes Effective 09/19/2017
- Release Notes Effective 9/5/2017
- Release Notes Effective 8/22/2017
- Your Activities Tab
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners