Choosing your Opportunity Title
Your opportunity's title is what shows up in search results, so it's your first and best chance to draw in the ideal volunteer.
Not yet on the opportunity posting page? Click here for guidance.
In this space:
- You'll want to clearly state the activity being promoted, and inspire signups with creative or compelling language that makes it stand out on the results page.
- Refrain from describing the details of the opportunity in this space - you'll have space for that below.
- If it's part of a series and you need to distinguish it, you can indicate the shift or date, for example Marketing Team Beach Cleanup Round 3 - 2:30-4PM.
Examples of effective titles include:
2015 Tribute to the Troops 5k Run and 3K Walk
Best Buddies Challenge - team up with colleagues and tutor local students
Good Corp Month of Service: Memphis Employees Habitat for Humanity Build
*Tip: The title character limit is 100 characters - keeping it under 86 will allow the whole title to display in search results.
- VolunteerMatch Response to Meltdown and Spectre
- Release Notes Effective 12/19/2017
- Scheduled maintenance - 11/03/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/03/2017
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- VolunteerMatch Not Affected by SAML Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Latest Release Notes
- Release Notes Effective 11/14/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/17/2017
- Release Notes Effective 09/19/2017
- Release Notes Effective 9/5/2017
- Release Notes Effective 8/22/2017
- Your Activities Tab
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners