Logging into your account
The first step to finding volunteer opportunities is accessing your account!
Here are some common things that come up when volunteers are creating or accessing their account:
Create an account
When accessing your company's VolunteerMatch site for the first time, you might see "Register/Sign In" in the upper right-hand corner. If you do, you might need to create a new account!
To do so, click on the "Register Now!" link and fill in the required information to create a volunteering account.
Don't see the "Register/Sign In" option? No problem! Not all companies have this option. Some use Single Sign-On (SSO), which means you're logged into your account automatically through your company's intranet and you don't need to create your own account!
Forgot Your Password
If you've forgotten your password, Click on the "Forgot your password?" link to request a new password.
You'll need to provide your username, which is likely your company email address, so we can send you a temporary password.
Once you have access to your account, you can change your email or password by hovering over your name in the top right corner and selecting "Profile" from the drop-down menu that appears.
Not every company will have manually created accounts with passwords. If your company uses Single Sign-On (SSO), you'll be logged into your account automatically -- no password necessary!
SSO Error Message
If your company uses Single Sign-On (SSO), then when you try to access your company's volunteering site, it should automatically sign you in to yourprofile. Otherwise it will ask you for the same credentials used to sign into your company intranet.
However, if you are receiving an error message referencing SSO when trying to access your account or a signup link, please email [email protected] with your employee ID and the link of the error message you are receiving so we can look into why the SSO is not working correctly!
- VolunteerMatch Response to Meltdown and Spectre
- Release Notes Effective 12/19/2017
- Scheduled maintenance - 11/03/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/03/2017
- Known Issue Affecting Copied Opportunities with Shifts
- VolunteerMatch Not Affected by SAML Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Latest Release Notes
- Release Notes Effective 11/14/2017
- Release Notes Effective 10/17/2017
- Release Notes Effective 09/19/2017
- Release Notes Effective 9/5/2017
- Release Notes Effective 8/22/2017
- Your Activities Tab
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners