A DDoS cyber attack affected popular internet services including VolunteerMatch
The VolunteerMatch service provider for our domain name/website address, Dyn, experienced a cyber attack Friday, October 21st beginning at approximately 7:00 am ET. This attack affected a large number of their customers who are also the most popular sites on the web including Netflix, Amazon and Spotify.
The attack was a large-scale distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) on Dyn. A DDoS attack occurs when someone, or a group, floods a service with fake traffic to that the system so that it is overwhelmed and the website or service is unable to be accessed.
Service was fully restored at approximately 1:00 pm ET. VolunteerMatch engineers are currently investigating options to mitigate the impact of potential future attacks.
- Release Notes Effective 8/22/2017
- Release Notes Effective 8/8/2017
- Release Notes Effective 7/25/2017
- Release Notes Effective 7/11/2017
- Release Notes Effective 6/27/2017
- Release Notes Effective 6/13/2017
- Your Activities Tab
- Customize the Welcome Tab
- Quick Video Tutorial: Featuring Your Nonprofit Partners